[access-uk] Re: Jaws pro

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:23:23 -0000

Tried to put it in as civil a fashion as I could muster, but many JFW
users, let alone those of us who don't use it, find this 'Pro'
supplement urksome, if not norsiating.

Seems people do tend to get entrapped by not realising or researching
thoroughly the cost of JAWS Pro when buying an XP Pro or Vista
Business machine.  This is what happened to the friend of mine who got
a locally made machine with XP Pro on it - the guy putting it together
exstoling the virtues of the extra security in XP Pro, which  was
somewaht debatable I admit for his needs.

Well, now others are introducing scripting capabilities into their
access software the choice of JFW isn't going to be easy to justify
any longer, I'd have thought.  Much too early to comment usefully on
GW Micro's upcoming version 7 of Window-Eyes but I'd have thought that
as scripting in their implementation can be done with generally
available languages and not a proprietory one, this might mean a wider
community of scripters will grow to write them.  Seems Dancing Dots
are looking at the new Window-Eyes model and it will be interesting to
see what follows in this regard.

Folks should really go and take a gander at the Blind Bargains site
where the recent ASIA conference podcasts or downloads are available.
Take a listen to last weeks Main Menu too, though there is serious
sound problems with a substantial part of that.

Cheers,

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx