[access-uk] Jaws and Dual Monitors

  • From: "Caroline Ford" <caroline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:40:12 +0100

Hello,

I have been trying a beta version of Jaws 12 on a laptop running XP Pro.  Jaws
10 works well on this laptop, which is a Toshiba, but Jaws 12 is having no end
of problems, in particular it refuses to read anything with the Jaws cursor and
often reports blank lines where text definitely exists.

In Device Manager, Display Adapters, I have two entries forMobile Intel 4
Series Express Chipset Family.  Does anyone know whether I should disable the
second of these?  I seem to remember that at one time Jaws didn't work well
with dual monitor support enabled, but I'm not sure whether this is still the
case or whether my problems with Jaws 12, which I have reported to FS through
the feedback form, are caused by something else.

Thanks,

Caroline.