[access-uk] Internet problem

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 18:48:54 +0100

Hi all,

Asking on behalf of my sister. On her XP laptop, she can connect wirelessly to
the internet no problems, but at the same time, IE isn't opening any pages, MSN
isn't connecting to the network etc. Basically her computer connects fine to
the router but behaves as if it wasn't connected to the internet. I tried to
turn off both the Windows and ESET firewalls but no good so I don't think that
they are interfering. We tried her computer with three different routers that
are definitely connected to the internet and got the same results. If we
connect her laptop using the lan cable all works fine. Any thoughts please? I
came across a similar issue in the past but for the life of me can't remember
now how to fix it.

TIA,
Amro