[access-uk] Having problems withtts programs

  • From: "Kevin Cussick" <mm0tmg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:16:47 +0100

Hi all,

I hope this is not to off topic for this list but as I want to make
audio files I would think it should be ok.

I am thinking of doing a reformat but it will be a very last resort!
I have been using text aloud for years now with grate results I
convert text books into mp3 files it has always worked until a couple
of weeks ago.

I bought the latest scan soft voices from nextup.com and installed the
latest version of text aloud now when I load book into text aloud it
starts to convert the file and when it gets to converting the wov to
an mp3 it crashes  the whole computer I have allot of tts stuff on
this computer I have the bsc talking clock which has stopped working
it says the licence file is not valid for this computer!!

Now when the computer crashes the computer reboots and I get a message
saying that the system has recovered from a serious error would you
like to report this to Microsoft, I have tried to do a system restore
but my system restore does not seem to be working!!

I have turned the system restore off on my backup drive so don't know
if that is what is making the restore not work.

I have uninstalled text aloud and reinstalled the program again and I
have uninstalled  d all my next up voices and reinstalled now I'm
really stuck for ideas I don't want to reformat if I don't have to but
I think I will have to try and get some sighted help and do it so if
anyone can help I would be most grateful.

Thanks for any help anyone can give on this matter you can e-mail me
off list if you prefer. all the best.

Kevin Cussick

e-mail mm0tmg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx