[access-uk] Re: Flash VS HTML5

  • From: Jonathan <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 20:39:01 +0100

Adrian Higginbotham wrote:

> given that there aren’t any web browsers that
> support html5 yet, or certainly not stable releases of those that work with
> screenreaders

Are any of the following stable releases of browsers compatible with
screen-readers? They all support native html5 audio.

Safari supports: mp3
Opera and Firefox have done a Steve Jobs and only support ogg
Google Chrome is the winner with support for both mp3 and ogg

The only current major browser I know which doesn't support html5
audio is IE8, but it's coming in IE9.