[access-uk] Eset and problems with my wireless connection

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk list" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:20:30 +0100

Hello all,

XP, Eset Smart Security 4.2 with Jaws 12.

My desktop has suddenly developed a problem with connecting to my router
wirelessly. Now when I connect I get the message "this connection has limited
or no connectivity". I have an educated guess that this is caused by Eset's
firewall. If I go to my wireless network connection properties' dialog and
uncheck the tick box next to Eset personal firewall the wireless network then
functions fine. So, my guess is that I have somehow blocked my wireless
connection in Eset.

I have looked everywhere in Eset settings but I couldn't find what I was
looking for.

So, anyone can offer any ideas on where to go from here? How can I investigate
further? The problem is if I uncheck the Eset item in wireless network
connection properties, I will be bypassing my firewall rather than solving the
issue which is unsecure and no good.

Any ideas or guesses will be most appreciated!
Amro