[access-uk] Downloading PDF documents

  • From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrisondf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 10:13:24 -0000

Did the message pasted below, which I posted over 12 hours ago, appear on the
list?  I
have not seen it yet.  Usually I find Freelists very quick - unlike
Yahoogroups!

Thanks,

Douglas

"I have always found using IE 6 that the easiest course of action when I
want to read a PDf document from a web page is to open the context menu,
choose the Save Target As option and download the file to my HD for later
reading in the Adobe Reader.   But yesterday I encountered a file the link
to which had no Save Target as in its context menu.   Does anyone know of
a work around?  I tried activating the link in the hope that it would
appear in Adobe 6.02 but after losing speech for several minutes I heard
the message "External Window" bbut then the system froze.  Should it be
possible to read such documents directly without first saving to HD and if
so, is  special configuration necessary in either IE6 or the Adobe Reader?"

--

Douglas Harrison