[access-uk] Re: Does anyone know the Outlook Express settings for a yahoo mail account please

  • From: "alex-acts2v4" <alex-acts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:37:06 -0000

Hi Sunil,

I think I have got it sorted now, but there are some more instructions I can not understand.

I can not find some of the following settings in OE
IMPORTANT: The Yahoo! Mail SMTP server requires Authentication. To turn
this setting on, follow these steps:

1. Click "Tools" then select E-mail Accounts

2. Select "View or change existing email accounts and click "Next".

3. Select your Yahoo! Mail account and click the "Change" button on the
right.

4. Click the "More Settings..." button in the bottom right-hand corner
of the Email Accounts window.

5. In the Internet E-mail Settings window, click the "Outgoing Server"
tab. Ensure that the box is checked next to "My outgoing server (SMTP)
requires authentication".

6. Click the "Advanced" tab and ensure that you have not selected "This
Server Requires a Secure Connection (SSL)" under the incoming (POP3) or
outgoing (SMTP) port settings.".

Thanks for any help in advance.

"
Alexander Shannon