[access-uk] Re: Deleting emails problem

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 13:09:58 -0000

Not quite, Andrew.

When you first get your emails they're in the "In-box".  By default, if
you press DEL on an item, it goes to the DELETED box but it's still
there, in that box.  Have you been doing that, or are they all in your
in-box?

You can set Outlook Express up so that, once you've pressed DEL on a
message in the In-box, that message will be deleted from theDeleted
items folder when you exit Outlook Express.  To do this:

1)      Press Alt+T for Tools and O for Options.  You'll land on the
"General Tab".

2)      Press the CTRL and TAB keys until you hear Maintenace TAB.
(It's the last one of about nine . . I'm guessing here).

3)      Tab once and you'll have a check box which says something like
"Empty the Deleted Items folder on exit."  You need to press the
spacebar on this to check it if it's not already checked.

4)      Press Alt+A for "Apply", or tab round until you reach it;  then
Alt+O or tab to the OK box and you should be done!

If this still doesn't solve your problem, please come back and give more
details if you can.

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx