[access-uk] Re: Computer Scam: Warning

  • From: Jonathan H <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 13:08:12 +0100

On 11 August 2014 12:42, Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> and as for the TPS, its a jolly waste of time and effort,

To be fair to the TPS, all these calls originate from overseas. Yes,
they are often re-routed through a UK number, but by the time OFCOM
have caught up, they've moved on.

This is a very old scam - been running for years. I've got a page all
about it - http://www.digitaltoast.co.uk/supportonclick-systemrecure-scam.
It's looking a bit dated, but have over 1m hits, over 2,000 comments,
been featured in The Guardian and BBC Local news, so there must be a
lot of it about!

There are lost of audio clips on there that people have sent me;
apologies, the audio isn't very VI-friendly to play - that's on my
long to-do list!