[access-uk] Re: Choice of Mobile Phone

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:49:51 +0000

I saw a Nokia recently that was small, reasonably priced in my view and just had the basics, with the exception of an FM tuner. I think it was the Nokia 2310 and it was £19.99 from both the Carphone Warehouse and Phones For You but I think you had to buy it with a Vodafone sim for £10 but that was with £10 talk time preloaded. I don't know what colours they do, I only know about the red one.

At 09:57 18/12/2007, you wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion David-  I thought it worth considering, but after
reading the comments of Steve and DAve I am not so sure.

I have been told that the demand for a phone without all the features most
people regard as essential would be so small that it could not possibly
compete in the market.   A friend bought quite an elaborate little phone
from Asda recently for £20!

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison