[access-uk] Choice of Mobile Phone

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 17:27:47 -0000

I have to admit that I am one of those strange people who use a mobile
phone exclusively for the mundane purpose of making and receiving phone
calls.  I have little  need for text messages and prefer to handle e-mail, web
surfing, listening to music etc. with other devices.

I have used a Phillips U-phone for many years but sadly it has come to the
end of its useful life.   As far as I can see there are many phones which I
could purchase to replace it but most have a large variety of functions
which I would not be using and which would probably make the operation of
the phone unnecessarily complicated.

I would be interested in any suggestions of an absolutely basic phone, esy
to use with no sight and arthritic fingers, and which would preferably take
the Simcard from my old phone with its current O2 Pay as You Go balance.
Thanks in advance for any help,

Douglas

       --

Douglas Harrison