[access-uk] Bookport V Book Currier

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:08:47 -0000

Hi again.  For those who feel my earlier post on this subject isn't up-to-date
enough, here's what I found on the respective sites for both players.  (I still
feel that the review mentioned earlier is a good starting point.)
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx

Book Currier:
http://www.bookcourier.com/#Features

For such a compact device, BookCourier offers a surprisingly large number of
features. Each unit comes with thorough documentation and support to make it
easy to take advantage of BookCourier's many capabilities:

Advanced text-to-speech reader

MP3 player

Broad file type support: text, Bookshare.org (BKS), Grade 2 Braille (BRF),
Talking Newspaper Association of the United Kingdom (DOC), MP3, Audible (AA).

Voice recorder

Smart navigation for advancing through each document

Fast forward/fast reverse controls

Virtually unlimited bookmarks in each document

Automatic bookmark that saves your place and lets you pick up exactly where you
left off

Where am I feature that tells you exactly where you are in the current file and
file system

Easy-to-use controls for adjusting voice type, reading speed, volume, and more

Sleep timer

Clock that can be set on BookCourier

PC software that allows you to select files on your PC and download them to
BookCourier

USB connection between BookCourier and your PC

"Plug and play" architecture that allows your BookCourier and PC to communicate
without configuring either one