[access-uk] Re: Book courier V Book port?

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:35:27 -0000

Colin.  You can read a review of these two devices, (published July 2004), at:

http://www.afb.org/afbpress/pub.asp?DocID=aw050407

To my knowledge the Bookport is still, at the moment, the only solid state
machine to support the DAISY format, although Springer who make the Book
Currier say that DAISY support will appear on their machine, although they were
saying that last summer.  Rather strange because I believe the two players are
made by Springer.

They are essentially text document readers, (several formats), as well as MP3
players.  Both have a memo recording facility.  The reviews are pretty thorough
and website addresses are given so you can go and find out the latest on them.
Our own Ian MacCrae looked at these two and found he prefered the Book Currier.
 Both are sold in this country.
HTH.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at