[access-uk] Re: Blogging

  • From: "Vince Thacker" <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:11:22 +0100

Andy, not sure what'happened there. As it happens, I['m signing up for a new
blog, and I received the Wordpress confirmation e-mail straight away.

I wonder whether you've missed out some information or mis-typed something.

 The screen I'm looking at asks for this information:-

1. blog address - this is where you choose the sub-domain name that you want to
use, e.g. myblog, which would give you a URL of http://myblog.wordpress.com for
your whole account. You could have several blogs within that account if you
wished.

2. - username - this is what you'd enter in order to log in. The form gives you
the sub-domain name as an auto-complete string, but you could choose a separate
username if you like.

3. password

4. confirmation of password

5.  e-mail address

6.  what language you'll wirte in

7. Free blog or some other type?  This choice is presented as a series of
links, which looks a bit confusing to me. Maybe radio buttons would have been
better.

Another  possible source of confusion is knowing which button to press to
submit your form. The first one is for a paid account, the second one for a
free one. It only seems to be the visual layout that gives you this clue.

Hope that's of help - maybe it's worth just starting again.

Vince.