[access-uk] Blio user group started for screenreader users

  • From: "Dave Mack" <dcmack2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 06:45:37 -0700

This is informational only.  KNFB Technologies which produces the KNFB
Hand-Held Reader is in the process of making its free Blio Book Reader for the
Windows PC and other devices more fully accessible to more screenreaders than
just JAWS - including Window Eyes, NVDA, and System Access, etc.   For those
unfamiliar with Blio, it is similar to Amazon's Kindle app for Windows PC but
has more features.  However, it requires a bit more of a learning curve due to
its many features and highly visual graphic nature to attract sighted
individuals.  Nevertheless, a number of blind and vision-impaired folks are
using it for its advanced capabilities, and I have started a group of
screenreader users to discuss recommendations for KNFB's planned improved
screenreader and keystroke capabilities due out later this year.

I cordially invite any screenreader user interested in Blio and possibly
testing BETA versions to join our email group as follows:

To subscribe  to the BLIO Access user list, simply send email to:
blio-access-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Be sure to type "subscribe" in the subject line.

You may also subscribe at the lists webpage at:
//www.freelists.org/list/blio-access

To post on BLIO Access, simply send email to:
blio-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The webpage Archive for blio-access posts & comments for both subscribers &
non-subscribers is at:
//www.freelists.org/archive/blio-access/

Disclaimer: BLIO Access is an independent BLIO user group for blind and
vision-impaired BLIO users.  BLIO Access is not officially affiliated
otherwise with BLIO or KNFB Technologies though some BETA testing of BLIO's
accessibility features by individual members would be appreciated on a
voluntary arrangement between KNFB and any interested list members if approved
by KNFB.

More infoabout free BLIO ebook reader software app is available at
 http://www.blio.com/

Best regards,
Grandpa Dave in California