[access-uk] Re: Barry, re: clearing history.

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:43:33 +0100

In the first instance, you may as well use Windows own in-built "disk
Cleanup".  Go to My Computer, right click on the drive in question,
and click on the "Disk Cleanup" button.  The system will chunter away
for a while, and eventually come up with a screen giving you a list of
files and folders it want to delete, asking if you wish to proceed.
It's quite safe to simply say OK at this point, since it will not
delete any of your personal files, etc., only temporary files and such
like.  This process will take a while also if not done for a while.

Ideally after you have done this, you should de-fragment the drive,
but we can deal with that later.

George.