[access-uk] Backing up Contacts Etc From Nokia Mobile Phones

  • From: "Theresa Hodge" <theresa.hodge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 19:06:53 -0000

Hi All

Until a month ago I had a Nokia 6600 phone.  I had entered in contact
information for lots of people and backed everything up to the memory card.

I've since had to replace the Nokia 6600 and now have a 6630.  This phone has a
different memory card to the 6600.  I was wondering how I could get the
information from my old phone to my new one, so copied the contents of the old
memory card on to my laptop and then back on to the new memory card.  The
backup file was definitely there.

However, having put the new memory card in my 6630, it doesn't appear to read
the backup file that is on it.  The option to "Restore from card" didn't show
until I'd backed up data from the 6630 on to the memory card.  I did a backup
of the 6630 (I've entered in lots more contact information and diary entries)
and then restored it, to see if it would merge the two lots of data on the
card, but of course it didn't.

Does anyone know if there's a way of retrieving the data from my old memory
card?  I was never able to link my 6600 up to my computer because I didn't have
a data cable and was told by Nokia that there wasn't one for that phone.  My
attempts at linking up my phone and computer via Bluetooth failed dismally.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Theresa Hodge
theresa.hodge@xxxxxxxxx