[access-uk] Re: Anyone having problems with the Accessable BBC Listen Again?

  • From: "Andy" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 07:12:30 -0000

Hi again Douglas.

I ran the I Player again and as usual, I got a blank screen. However, because my Windows Mail program is taking up to a minute to go on-line, I decided to wait a little longer. I got two new pieces of information. The first was a message from VISTA stating that it had noticed that a program I attempted to launch was not working properly. Said something about attaching a compatibility assistant to it, whatever that is and suggested that I try running the program again.

I did so and then got another message stating that VISTA had blocked some aspects of the program and offered me the opportunity to Allow. I did all of this and did an Alt TO and was offered three BBC2 programs. I clicked on one and was transferred to a webpage, so I suppose this part is working. However when I attempted for Radio stations, Alt r, nothing came up.Live Radio is working fine though.

As I have mentioned, I am having a number of problems with this computer at the moment, which will have to be resolved sooner or later, so I'm just going to get my wife to help me re-format back to factory settings, tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help.

Very best wishes.

Andy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>