[access-uk] Re: A matter of council tax

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 13:23:03 +0100

Peter,

When we applied we realised what a grey area this one seems to be, but it was because others had successfully got it that we did. We were met with some apprehension and it was difficult to get to the right person in the first place but we did succeed, albeit that the deduction is very little. I think we only just made it though, by the comments that we received. One thing the man did say was that, "Well, no, it's not used as a bedroom". Clearly, we have no bedroom furniture in it at all.

I can't really help more on this one though than as stated above. We were about ready to give up. You are entitled to appeal to the Ombudsman (here in the UK anyway) about any Council decision (or usually lack of it from ours) that you encounter, so maybe you want to go that route.

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter" <peterlogue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>