[access-uk] Re: A matter of council tax

  • From: "Barry Hill" <bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 11:58:59 +0100

More info on the net from a guide to council tax. The last point is the killer:

When considering whether a reduction should apply,
councils have to decide whether the person with the
disability would find it impossible or extremely difficult to
live in the dwelling, or whether their health would suffer,
or the disability become more severe, if the extra feature
were not available in the dwelling. To qualify for a
reduction, the extra room need not be specially built, but
can be an existing room provided that the link between
its use and the person's disability is sufficiently strong.
The scheme is designed to help disabled people who live
in larger houses than they would have needed if they
were not disabled. The scheme is therefore not available
generally to all disabled people.

Barry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry Hill" <bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>