[24hoursupport] Re: Windows crashes when too many windows are open

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 15:06:01 -0700

Hi Hafiza,
That seems like a lot of windows to be trying to open with just 64MB of=
 ram.
Are they the same type of windows that you previously opened.
For instance you may be able to open 35 Notepad windows.
But only 20 web pages.

Different programs require different amounts of memory to operate.

Is every thing else the same on the computer?
Do you have programs running in the background that
were not running when you had 35 windows open?

The only way to be sure is to have exactly the same configuration now as=
 you had then.
If you have installed any patches or upgrades to ME or IE it could affect=
 performance.

You may also wish to do a scan of your computer with a recently updated AV=
 program.
Just in case you have picked up a virus or Trojan.

http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
<mikeswhatsnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3Dsubscribe>
See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org

From: "hafiza_j" <hafiza_j@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri May 3, 2002 11:02am
Subject: Windows crashes when too many windows are open

When I open more than say twenty windows in IE my computer crashes,
even though earlier I could open more than 35 windows without
problems. The OS is WIN ME and IE ver 5. (I have P2 350, 64 MB
memory,26GB hard disk)

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at