[24hoursupport] Re: Star NX-2430 Printer Driver

  • From: Barry Aronson <baronson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:05:47 -0500

At 13:38 8/13/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>I need to find a Windows printer driver for an old Star NX-2430 dot-matrix
>printer. Google and even Jeeves hasn't turned up anything useful.
>http://www.starmicronics.com doesn't seem to have any driver software at
>all, and the Japanese site I can't read well enough to see if they do or
>not. One Google search turned up a page on the Japanese site in English
>that only showed a list of the printers supported by the star.exe driver
>installer, but no star.exe itself. http://www.download.com doesn't have the
>driver for the NX-2430. One page I turned up on a Google search indicated
>that the file could be downloaded from Microsoft, but if so I haven't been
>able to locate it there yet. http://www.windrivers.com wants $30 for a
>six-month membership, and that's stupid (call me cheap if you like, but I
>think it's ridiculous to charge that much for a service most people, I
>believe, may need once in a blue moon).
>
>Anyone know where I might turn up the drivers for this printer?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ron
>

>- Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
>24hoursupport-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the
>Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at
>http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1/24hrsupport.htm.

Ron!  Back in the "old days" when I first started using computers, long
before the dot-matrix printer was invented, "emulations" were used NOT
drivers.  When the dot-matrix printer came about these emulations were of
the IBM Pro-Printer and the Epson line of printers usually the LQ-860/850
and the IBM Pro-Printer X24E, Proprinter24P, PS/1 printer, NEC 24-wire
Graphics commands.

Whatever OS you are using just add the printer based on the closest emulation.

HTH,

Barry ~ baronson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at