[24hoursupport] Re: Star NX-2430 Printer Driver

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:48:45 -0700

Hi Ron,
MS clams they are in XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q293381&;
A List of Printer Drivers That Are Included in Windows XP (Article 4 of 5)
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Professional

SNIP
Star NX-2400
Star NX-2410
Star NX-2415
Star NX-2415 II
Star NX-2420 Rainbow
Star NX-2420
Star NX-2430

++ There is more on the web site.
~~~~
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org

On 13/08/2002 at 1:38 PM Ron Allen wrote:

I need to find a Windows printer driver for an old Star NX-2430 dot-matrix
printer. Google and even Jeeves hasn't turned up anything useful.
http://www.starmicronics.com doesn't seem to have any driver software at
all, and the Japanese site I can't read well enough to see if they do or
not. One Google search turned up a page on the Japanese site in English
that only showed a list of the printers supported by the star.exe driver
installer, but no star.exe itself. http://www.download.com doesn't have the
driver for the NX-2430. One page I turned up on a Google search indicated
that the file could be downloaded from Microsoft, but if so I haven't been
able to locate it there yet. http://www.windrivers.com wants $30 for a
six-month membership, and that's stupid (call me cheap if you like, but I
think it's ridiculous to charge that much for a service most people, I
believe, may need once in a blue moon).

Anyone know where I might turn up the drivers for this printer?

Thanks,

Ron

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at