[24hoursupport] Re: Cable generated interference

  • From: Robert Carneal <carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:02:04 -0500

Hm, that makes sense. There is a board at the back of the desk which keeps
ladies dresses private and also holds the desk together. I drilled a hold
dead center of it and ran the video cables right through it.
Let me throw this at you: If I were to get some ferrite beads, and put them
on sides of the hole (middle of cable, so to speak) that -should- reduce
interference?

The cables already have a something on each end of the cable, so I am
guessing I just need to add some right around where they are bundled. Does
that make sense?

Also, after reading you email, I got a horror thought. I use a Microsoft
Wireless Intellimouse Explorer. That has to have some way to
"communicating" (I am assuming radio waves, I am not a communications
engineer.). At the computer where the receiver plugs in, there is no
ferrite bead at all. Should I make this a prime suspect?

Thank you.

Robert