[1stPickSoftware]

  • From: "Gadrow, Jim" <jgadrow@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:57:56 -0500

KeyNote
http://www.tranglos.com/free/keynote.html
Freeware, Open Source (for Windows)

Picture organizing your notes inside a combination of Firefox's tabs and
Windows Explorer's tree view. Review at
http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=3D05/03/10/2034221&from=3Drs=

Enjoy! -Jim

From the web page:
Introduction to KeyNote

Keynote is a flexible, multi-featured tabbed notebook, based on Windows
standard RichEdit control. [snip...] The basic idea in KeyNote is that
you can include many separate notes within a single file. This means
that you do not need to open several files - for most purposes it is
enough to create only one file and hold all your notes inside it. With
the addition of the tree-type notes, you now have a three-dimensional
notebook: many notes within one file and a multi-level, nested pages
within a single note. Optionally, KeyNote can encrypt your data securely
using the Blowfish or Idea algorithms. Keynote's interface and behavior
are extremely configurable.=20