[1stPickSoftware] Yahoo! Widget Engine

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:24:58 -0500

Yahoo! Widget Engine
Freeware
http://widgets.yahoo.com/

The Yahoo! Widget Engine (formerly known as Konfabulator) is a
JavaScript runtime engine for Windows and Mac OS X that lets you
run little files called Widgets that can do pretty much whatever
you want them to. Widgets can be alarm clocks, calculators, can
tell you your WiFi signal strength, will fetch the latest stock
quotes for your preferred symbols, and even give your current
local weather. What sets Yahoo! Widget Engine apart from other
scripting applications is that it takes full advantage of today's
advanced graphics.
The format for these Widgets is completely open and easy to learn
so creating your own Widgets is an extremely easy task. For the
"skinning" crowd, Yahoo! Widget Engine is a dream come true. You
can easily change the look, feel, layout, even functionality of a
Widget so that it matches your lifestyle, your desktop, or the
pants or skirt you have on that day.