[1stPickSoftware] EventSentry Lite

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:00:50 -0400

EventSentry Lite
Freeware
Information
http://www.netikus.net/products_eventsentry.html?SESSION=
Download
http://www.netikus.net/products_downloads.html?SESSION=

Monitoring event logs is absolutely necessary if you want to
maintain a healthy Windows network. In order to detect problems
before your servers crash, you review event logs on a regular
basis. But if you are running more than one server, this review
process is tedious.

EventSentry is a service that runs on Windows NT, Windows 2000,
Windows 2003 Server and WinXP that actively monitors your
server's (or workstation's) event log. Configure EventSentry to
notify you if important events matching your filter criteria
occur or consolidate your event logs into one central location
such as a central ODBC database. Through EventSentry, you can be
actively notified in several ways when events take place
including email, ASCII file, ODBC, Unix syslog, network (net
send), process, sound and desktop.

EventSentry also emulates a Unix/Linux syslog server in which
incoming syslog packets are logged to the Windows event log.