[1stPickSites] (06/29/04) Chocolate -- Exploratorium

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickSites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:08:59 -0400

Chocolate -- Exploratorium

http://www.exploratorium.edu/exploring/exploring_chocolate/

"More than a food, but less than a drug"  From those interesting
folks at the Exploratorium comes another great website on a
subject that's hard to get too much of -- chocolate.

"This special online-only edition of Exploring takes a closer
look at the sweet lure of chocolate. We'll examine the
fascinating -- and often misreported -- history of chocolate,
follow the chocolate-making process, and take an online visit to
a chocolate factory. We'll also look at the science of chocolate,
and find out about the latest research into the possible health
effects of its consumption. Lastly, we'll explore the somewhat
controversial question of why chocolate make us feel so good." -
from the website

The site includes sections covering chocolate in the Amazon
rainforest, the American connection -- the Olmecs, the Mayans and
Aztecs, chocolate invades and conquers Europe, as well as health
help or risk -- chocolate and heart disease. A selection of
tempting links to other chocolate websites is located in the
site's bibliography.

~*~*~*~*~
to 1stpicksites-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info 1stpicksites" without the