[1stPickSites] (06/28/04) A Collection of Word Oddities and Trivia

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickSites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:50:17 -0400

A Collection of Word Oddities and Trivia

http://members.aol.com/gulfhigh2/words.html

This delightful site is devoted to the myriad oddities of the
English language.

Among the splendid range of items are plural peculiarities,
Scrabble curiosities, the longest place names and "words most
likely to be misspelled (ratio of incorrect to correct spellings)
according to a study
of Usenet traffic", something every Gentle Member would like to
have nailed down. Not to be missed is the section on the most
beautiful words in English, which also includes a few candidates
for the "Ugliest" word in the language.

~*~*~*~*~
to 1stpicksites-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info 1stpicksites" without the