[1stPickSites] (06/02/04) The History of Soap

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickSites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 10:02:54 -0400

The History of Soap

http://www.redgumsoaps.com.au/11.0.html

"On these pages you will find everything you ever wanted to know
about soap throughout history - and more. We have compiled
information about the earliest known soapmakers and technological
advances that have enabled wider scale production. You will also
find information about the individual soap manufacturers that
have contributed to the soap industry and the role they have
played in making soap a commonplace item in every household. I
hope you have as much fun learning about the history of
soapmaking as I did." - from the website

The site offers brief information about the first societies to
use soap, its early appearance in Europe and how it was produced
in the colonies of America and Australia. The history of its
association with 20th century melodrama - soap operas - is also
discussed, as well as the evolution of huge corporations from
their humble one or two man soapmaking origins.

~*~*~*~*~
to 1stpicksites-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info 1stpicksites" without the
quotes.