[1stPickSites] (03/09/05) Vintage Ads

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickSites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:06:48 -0500

Vintage Ads

http://scriptorium.lib.duke.edu/eaa/

Two great urges of American culture - to sell and to buy - make
up a decades-long love-hate relationship between consumers and
those who hawk the goods we've learned to desperately need. At
The Emergence of Advertising in America, more than 9,000 images
and a massive database of info trace the history of advertising
in the US, from 1850 to 1920.

Using sources from special collections libraries at Duke
University, the site organizes ads by a timeline and by special
categories, from tobacco to "Kodakiana," featuring some of the
earliest Kodak print ads - a breakthrough in advertising media.
For each ad, its title, date, company and product are listed with
other info about the original source.

~*~*~*~*~
to 1stpicksites-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info 1stpicksites" without the