[1stPickPCHelp] Re: unistalling programs

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 14:06:21 -0800

Hi Joyce,
Here is an article I had saved from;
Clean Up The Add/Remove Box

Sometimes, when you uninstall a program, its entry remains in the
Add/remove programs listing. Or you might delete something manually
and find that the entry remains in the list of uninstallable
programs. You can clean up the list and remove programs that you've
already uninstalled. Run Regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall. From there, you
can remove any unwanted items, which are in the form of Registry keys.

Seasons Greetings ~ My Christmas card
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikesxmas_2002.htm

See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member