[1stPickPCHelp] Re: connecting ,disconnecting and trouble staying connected

  • From: bls <brenna_99_ca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 07:31:39 -0800 (PST)

Is this a dialup connection?  Has she checked with her
ISP?  If dialup, have the lines been checked?
Internet connections won't tolerate the "line noise"
that telephones will.  (I'm running on old phone
lines, so I know of what I speaketh, LOL!) Is she
using some type of surge protector and running the
modem line through that?  That can cause problems
sometimes, too.  Does she have the most up-to-date
drivers for the modem?  The original modem drivers
installed on my computer immediately make the thing
reboot as soon as I try to connect, so I have new ones
saved to external media.

Just some ideas.

Brenna

--- Vince Fleming <vjmf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi Group Again I write on behalf of a friend,
> She is operating windows Xp but when she trys to
> connect to the internet she
> gets this message
> "problem with connection. below that it said.
> account mail.dragnet.com.au.
> Server- as above. Protol POP3 . Port 110 Secure ss.
> Socket error 10053 Error
> number 0x800cccof"
>  after several attempts she does connect but
> disconnects
> at any time after that
> Can any one help? this is driving her mad and
> costing heaps with all the
> reconnection,
> yes the computer has been back to the seller and
> they replaced the modem but
> this problem still exists. <snip>

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the
quotes.