[1stPickPCHelp] Re: Startup problem

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:14:18 -0800

Hi Jeff,
If you did not create a special file for it to be downloaded to it may be in
your Temporary Internet files.
try going into IE and Tools, Delete temporary internet files.
and Delete Off line files.

See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 25/02/2003 at 10:11 AM Jeff Needle wrote:

Hello all.  I have a question.

I began to install a program the other day, something that installs from
the Internet, and the install failed.  I didn't think much of it, but when
I started my computer this morning, it tried to continue the install, and
failed again.  I'd like my system to just forget the whole thing.  I ran
msconfig to see if I could find something under "startup" that was causing
it to try the install again, but couldn't find anything.

Is there some place on my system I can find this instruction and delete
it?  I see there's an installer subdirectory under the Windows directory,
but I'm afraid to touch anything there.

Thanks.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the
quotes.