[1stPickPCHelp] Protect IE without SP2

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 21:20:06 -0800

There is a very good article in this newsletter;
WindowsSecrets.com/041118
Protect IE without SP2 ? part two

By Brian Livingston

Microsoft's recent release of Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows XP protects
XP users against a variety of hacker attacks, particularly ones that affect
Internet Explorer. SP2 prevents IE users from being subjected to pop-up
windows and silent downloads of software from rogue Web sites, among other
threats.

But what about people who run versions of Windows other than XP?

In the previous issue of the Windows Secrets Newsletter, we explained how to
give users of Windows 2000 and Me protection from pop-up windows. In this
issue, we focus on adding protection against hacked Web sites that can
exploit weaknesses in IE to infect your PC.

Switching browsers can prevent some but not all problems
++ There is more on the web site.

See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance & OWTA Charter Member

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the
quotes.

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=unsubscribe