[1stPickPCHelp] Re: Film Scanner software

  • From: "Joseph Harris" <josephharris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:54:20 -0000

Shawn,

I've not used Digital Ice but I think the answer must depend on what quality
you need in the photos.   Any automatic system will recognise without regard
to context.   I would carry on using photoshop if you are concerned about
degrading.

Joseph

From: Shawn Osterberg <shawnosterberg@xxxxxxxxxx>

> I have a couple of questions regarding scanner software that I hope
someone
> can answer for me.
>
> 1. Has anyone ever used Digital Ice? Apparently it repairs scratches and
> dust during the scan process. Does this degrade the image much? I have
> always made minimal adjustments during the scan and then corrected any
flaws
> in Photoshop.
>
> 2. What do the terms FARE and QUARE mean?
>
> Thanks
>
> Shawn Osterberg

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the