[1stPickPCHelp] Re: Active X

  • From: Joyce Case <petjoy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 00:57:26 -0500

I think I have already asked for help regarding my error message:

"Your current security settings prohibit running Active X controls on this
page.  As a result the page may not display properly".  After clicking on OK I
get: "Active X must be enabled".  t

This prevents me from reinstalling my anti virus from McAfee ..after doing a
manual uninstall at their suggestion......I cannot even reach my account with
them....Now I find that when I try to do a
Windows Update, I get the same messages.  I have emailed Microsoft help, but no
telling when they will get back to me.

This is only one of the strange things that have happened on my computer in the
last month ...maybe more than that.

I got the message that Active Shield...the McAfee program was missing some
components and needed to be installed....this was the first indication that
something was wrong.

My Photo Impact that I had purchased online was missing many of it's
features....I am taking a class at LVS for this program and didn't realize
until I tried to do some of the lessons that the
features were gone.   I took almost two weeks to get some help and I was
finally able to download the program from the manufacturer.

I have Paint Shop Pro 6 and 7 and they completely disappeared.  When I clicked
on the icon on the desk top nothing happened.  Fortunately with these I have
the disks so was able to reinstall them.

It must be more than coincidence that all these things happened but I haven't a
clue as to what.  I have to tell you that I am a senior lady (I hope) and
although I love doing graphics, working on
photos and taking classes I don't know anything about the "guts" of a computer.
 I wish I had a computer doctor.  Help! Help! Help!

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the
quotes.

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=unsubscribe