<USS Eagle> Farewell

  • From: "Gwen Marqusa" <GwenivereMarqusa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 12:18:31 -0500

:ON:

     Gwen tried hard to ignores all of Chalace's advances.  Over the eight hour trip, which seemed like eighty hours long, he never gave up once.  Just when she thought she was finally safe, for the planet Carvance was now on view and only twenty minutes away, she sensed that Chalace had at least one more plan.  Will he never give up?  Gwen wondered.
     "M'lady, could I have a word with you in the back please?"  Ambassador Chalace asked, or rather required.  He moved as far back as he could.
     Tru just chuckled, and kept his eyes on his console.  No way did he want to see the glare that he was sure that Gwen was going to give him.  "We shall be in Carvance's orbit in 20 minutes Commander."
     Gwen looked at Tru.  In a harsh whisper, "Make it 10 minutes and I'll fly the ship back, letting you play your games to your heart's content."  With that she forced a smile on her face and moved back to where Chalace had relocated to.
     "Can I help you Ambassador?"
     Tru smiled, and increased speed to the planet.  He was sure that Gwen would do something like that.  Which is why he had . . . exaggerated just a bit on how long it was going to take them to reach Carvance.  They had really only been 15 minutes out.  But, with the increase in speed, they would make it to the planet in the 10 that Gwen wanted and Tru would get to play his games on the trip back.
     "Yes m'Lady.  We shall be at my homeworld shortly.  I would request that you beam down to my planet and have a proper lunch with me.  It's a shame to eat this replicated stuff you call food.  I shall have my chef prepare a feast in your honor.  It will be a great feast.  Please m'love.  Join me on the planet."  He looked up front to where Tru was.
     "You're pilot can join us too, if he would like.  I'm sure I can find someone to entertain him."
     Gwen supressed a groan.  That was the last thing she wanted, to be trapped down on that planet with the Ambassador.  Who knows what things could and would go wrong down there.
     "I would love to Ambassador.  Unfortunately, Mr. Lost and myself must get back to our ship.  Since our last meeting, I have since become the Acting XO, along with still being the Chief of Security.  My duties seemed to have tripled and I have an endless list of things that I must get done."  She looked down at the bracelet, wondering how to approach the subject of giving him back the jewelry.  Gwen then put her hand on the bracelet to take it off.
     The smile faded from the Ambassador's face.  His voice quieted, and added a hint of sadness.  "I am sorry that you can not join me today.  Maybe next time.  Duty always seems to get in our way."  Having noticed her looking at the bracelet, "I must insist that you keep the jewelry.  It is my gift to you m'lady.  I would be greatly hurt should you try to return it.  My best jewelsmith created that bracelet just for you.  He choose the colors to match your hair, skin, and eye colors.  It's meant for you and no one else."  He put one of his hands in her hand, and the other hand ontop of her other hand, which was ontop of the bracelet as if to remove it.  Then he gently removed her hand from the jewelry and, in an even more quiet voice, "I insist you keep it m'love.  Let it remind you of me."
     "Commander, we are in orbit around Carvance.  I have the coordinates for the Ambassador's beam down place already imput into the transporter."
     "Looks like it's time for me to go."  He stepped up on the transporter pad, giving Gwen one last smile.  "Farewell, sweet lady."
     "Energize Mr. Lost."
     As he starts to dematerialize, he quietly gives Gwen one last message, "You shall always have a place here m'lady."  Then he's gone, transported down to his planet.
     "Set course for the Eagle, Mr. Lost.  Once that's laid in and engaged, you may play your games as promised."
     Tru smiled and quickly laid in the course, then engages at max warp.  "We're on our way commander."  He relinquishes the helm seat and moves to the back with his games.

:OFF:

Lt. Cmdr. Gwen Marqusa
AXO/CSec/Tac
USS Eagle