[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic CT-27G7DF , ch# JP363 need service menu

  • From: Jorge Camboni <geo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:22:59 -0500

HI Phil, here is all I have about Panasonic service modes
maybe you can use it...
Jorge

                ******--------------------------******

********For Panasonic TVs in the family GL10C

ModelChassis

CT-27SF24VAPEDP26
CT-31SF24VAPEDP266
CT-31XF24CVAPEDP266
CT-27SF34VATPEDP264
CT-27XF34CVATPEDP264
CT-33SF24TVAPEDP266
CT-F29992VAPEDP264
CT-F29992VVAPEDP264
CT-F29992LVAPEDP264
CT-F29992XVAPEDP264
Note: May also work with other models not listed. Example, information
applied to a CT-27SF14V. See below for other procedures. Also, see bottom
of page for user-sumbitted models that use these procedures (or slightly
modified).
Many adjustments are available using the 'On Screen Display Menu,' or
'Serviceman Adjustment Mode,' and you should understand what each
adjustment does and note any of their values before changing!
Terminology
VU: Volume Up
VD: Volume Down
CU: Channel Up
CD: Channel Down
SM: Serviceman Mode

Entering serviceman mode
Serviceman mode (SM) can be entered in two ways, Remote Method and Other
Method (back of case open).
Remote Method
In SET-UP icon, set antenna to CABLE
In TIMER icon, set sleep timer to 30
Exit menus and tune to channel 124
Adjust volume to 0
Press volume down (VD) on control panel and red 'CHK' will appear in the
upper left corner
To toggle between Serviceman and Aging Modes press Action and VD on the
control panel

Other Method
Short test point FA1 to cold ground FA2 (A-board: TP pin 8 to pin 3)
Receiver is in Aging Mode with yellow 'CHK' in the upper-left corner
Press Action and VU on the control panel and 'CHK' should be in red

The set is now in Serviceman Mode, of which there are five (5) separate
Serviceman Modes:
'B' VCJ Sub Adjustments
'C' W.B. Adjustments
'D' Pincushion Adjustments
'S' Options Adjustments
'CHK' Normal use of VU/VU and CU/CD buttons (no adjustments can be made)

Use the Power button on the remote to switch between these modes

Accessing and Modifying the Service Adjustments
Once you have selected one of the four adjustments modes use the CU and CD
buttons to move between settings.
Within a setting use the VU and VD buttons to adjust the level or value.
NOTE: Write down any original values before changing!

The Four Adjustments Modes
I. DAC Adjustments
ModeAdjustmentRangeDefault
B0Sub Color0-6332
B1Sub Tint0-6333
B2Sub Brightness0-192123
B3Sub Contrast0-6324
B4RF AGC10-12743
B5Sub Brightness for AI0-6316
II. White Balance (W.B.) Adjustments
ModeAdjustmentRangeDefault
C0R Cut-Off**2 20
C1G Cut-Off0-255214
C2B Cut-Off**2 20
C3User Brightness0-6331
C4Sub Brightness0-192123
C5R Drive0-255119
C6B Drive0-25591
C7R Drive Offset - Cool0-6312
C8B Drive Offset - Cool0-6312
C9R Drive Offset - Warm0-6320
CAB Drive Offset - Warm0-6312
** Note:Range is in steps:
0 20 - 0 235
1 20 - 1 235
2 20 - 2 235
3 20 - 3 235
III. Pincushion Adjustments
ModeAdjustmentRangeDefault
D0Vertical Size0-12768
D1Vertical Linearity0-6337
D2Vertical S Correction0-6312
D3Horizontal Size0-6348
D4Horizontal Center0-3112
D5E-W Parabola0-6314
D6Trapezoid Compensation0-6331
D7E-W Corner 20-1512
D8E-W Corner 10-159
D9Vertical EHT0-158
DAHorizontal EHT0-158
DBVertical DC0-6331
IV. Options Adjustments
ModeAdjustmentRangeDefault
S0Pre shoot/Overshoot0-74
S1Black Expansion Gain0-157
S2White Gamma Level0-1515
S3White Gamma Gain0-1515
S4Small Gamma Gain0-157
S5R-Y Demodulation Angle0-3112
S6R-Y Demodulation Gain0-6323
S7G-Y Ratio SW0-31
S8White Letter Compensation0-154
S9White Letter Slice Voltage0-155
S10Filter0-6330
S11Low Frequency Separation0-6339
S12High Frequency Separation0-6322
S13Clock Adjustment0-255165
S14Scroll Output, Font Mode0-21
S15ID Positioning Mode0-20
S16PIP Chroma Saturation0-12739
S17PIP Contrast0-12736
S18PIP Tint0-6310
S20PIP Position 1/16 Left0-25510
S21PIP Position 1/16 Right0-255116
S22V1 Gain0-158
S23S-AI Music0-25530
S24S-AI Vocal0-25560
S25S-AI Off0-255240
S26S-AI Up Step0-152
S27S-AI Down Step0-154
S28Auto Bass Max0-6350
S29Auto Treble Max0-6355
SASwitches (TV)0-25536
SBSwitches (Video)0-2550
SCSwitches (Video)0-25536
SDContrast Sensitivity0-255109
SEInput Level Alignment0-6346
SFStereo PLL VCO0-6327
S1APIP Position 1/9 Upper0-25526
S1BPIP Position 1/9 Lower0-255146
S1CPIP Position 1/9 Left0-25510
S1DPIP Position 1/16 Right0-255101
S1EPIP Position 1/16 Upper0-25526
S1FPIP Position 1/16 Lower0-255163
S2AR Offset0-4020
S2BB Offset0-4020
All functions may not be available on a particular receiver, and some modes
may exist on a receiver that are not listed above. These unknown settings
should not be changed!
Checking Purity
When in non-adjustment SM (red 'CHK' in upper-left corner) press the Recall
button on the remote to cycle between color modes:
White
Red
Green
Blue
Normal

Exiting serviceman mode
Enter the non-adjustment SM (red 'CHK' in upper-left corner) and press and
hold the Action and Power buttons on the control panel for at least 2 seconds.
The receiver will shut off and turn back on to cable channel 3 with a
preset sound level.
All programmed channels, caption data and other user-defined settings will
be erased.

Other models
For Panasonic TX-W28R3 (and similar models)
The remote control is used for entering and storing adjustments, with the
exception of cut-off adjustments which must always be done prior to service
adjustment. Perform adjustments in accordance with screen display. The
display on the screen also specifies the CCU variants as well as the
approximate setting values. The adjustment sequence for the service mode is
indicated below.

Set the Bass to maximum position, set the Treble to minimum position
Press the Reveal on the remote control and at the same time press the
Volume on the customer controls at the front of the TV, this will place the
TV into the Service mode
Press the RED/GREEN buttons to step down/up through the functions
Press the YELLOW/BLUE buttons to alter the function values
Press the STORE button on the preset panel after each adjustment has been
made to store the required values
To exit the Service Mode, press the Normalization button **********

At 11:55 a.m. 10/09/03 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm assuming this may not be the one, because the sleep timer shows a
>place for exact start/stop time, __ : __, like that. No 15-30-45-60 min.
>selection you mention.
>Maybe the manual method of entering svc menu (Vs remote method) would
>work, if anyone knows it.
>Thanks,
>Phil Bader
>
>Gerald Gann wrote:
> >
> > Phil do you have this one
> >
> > Posted July 2003 By Dan Webster
> >
> > Here's the procedure-- Using the remote control select set-up
> >
> > icon and select cable mode, select timer icon and set sleep timer
> >
> > to 30, press action button twice to exit menus, tune tv to
> >
> > ch# 124, adjust volume to minimum(0),On the TV press volume
> >
> > down button, red "CHK" appears in upper corner.Press the power
> >
> > button on the remote to select one of five serviceman
> >
> > adjustment modes. B is for sub adjustments, C is for cut-off
> >
> > djustments( this is the mode you want), S is for PIP and Clock
> >
> > adjustments, M is for MTS adjustments. When you get into Mode B
> >
> > press Channel up/down on the remote to select one of the 12
> >
> > available service adjustments. After selecting the adjustment
> >
> > you want press the volume up/down on the remote to
> >
> > adjust the level. To exit the serviceman mode press action and
> >
> > power buttons on the TV simultaneously for at least two seconds
> >
> > The TV momentarily shuts off then comes back on tuned to #3
> >
> > with a preset level of sound. Any programmed channels, channel
> >
> > caption data and some user defined settings
> >
> > will be erased and have to be reprogrammed.
> >
> > Jerry
> >
> > Alpha 21 Electronics
> >
> > Granite City, IL 62040
> >
> >  Ph. 618-452-8620
> >
> > Fax 618-876-5157
> > www.alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Orig. got a power line
> 220V surge. Replaced diode bridge D3SBA60, fuse,
> > main cap. Powers up now:
> > Snowy reception. Bad tuner.# ENG36604GR. Replaced it,all well now.
> > BUT:
> > I need to access the service menu to adjust the slightly overscanned
> > vert. height.
> > This set does not respond to a method I have for others.
> > Thanks.
> > Phil Bader
> > --
> > Philip Bader
> > Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
> > 3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
> > Fax (863) 299-8821
> > email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > For Professional Technicians Only

> > Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
> > http://sell.tech-assist.org
> > The Tech Address Book:
> > http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.htm
> > http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
> > Lost Password:
> > http://www.tech-assist.org and select "Lost your Login Info?".
> > Email Archives:

> > Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
> > http://sell.tech-assist.org
> [...]

Jorge Camboni, GY Electronics, Richardson, TX

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org
The Tech Address Book:
Lost Password: