[rollei_list] Re: Plate Adapter and missing velvet

  • From: Aaron Reece <oboeaaron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:11:00 -0400

Yuck . . . I bought one of these adjustable tanks when I first began shooting 4x5. I think it was the Yankee brand. Someone once accurately described the loading mechanism as "scratch-o-matic." Also, the large, enclosed tank makes it impossible to agitate the solutions adequately. It's perfect if you want scratched, blotchy negatives. On my list of devices I would not wish on my worst enemies, this one is near the top.

I went to tray developing for black-and-white and started sending color film to a proper custom lab, and never looked back.

Best regards,
Aaron Reece