[muglo] MS word

  • From: Alex <admeddemda@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 16:08:44 -0500

>Ok, G4/400 OS 9.0.4, Word 98 (I hope... 6.0 is too old really for OS 9),
>Quicken, and Netscrape.
>
>Problem #2: Word
>
>If you're running Word 6.0 -- it's pretty old software and not properly
>supported in OS 9 anymore (does it even run?).

Hey, I run Word 5.1 on my OS 9.1 machine, and it runs smoothly, never
ever crashes, and does a great job for what I need. I still think 5.1
was the _best_ version of word ever! Small and stable and fast.

Only trouble I get is when I'm sent Word 6 or 98 files, sometimes
they come out a bit garbled. Somewhere I have a copy of Word 6, that
I guess I could install to handle those, but dont get too many. And
I've always hated word 6.
5.1 was really the end of a good thing.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>