[openbeos] Haiku self-hosting.

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 12:54:48 -0300

Sorry for the cross-posting, but as it is good news I thought I would share it with you guys. Today I committed r24720 and, with that, I was able to compile Haiku inside itself without the neewd for any hacks or reboots or anything like that (using VMWare with 1 Gb of memory available to the VM). I also run the generated image in VMWare and it booted (I didn't test it much tough).

Although this is April's 1st (and some of you will probably think it is a joke), this means that we are able to self-host now and pending something else that we may find during testing, this means we are self-hosting as of today.

You can start the fireworks! :)

-Bruno

Ps: Juts wnated to point out that this would not be possible without the huge amount of time the developers have spent on getting this working and, specifically, the amount of time Axel spent fixing VM/cache bugs and the amount Ingo spent getting the build system working inside Haiku. So kudos to them.