[openbeos] Re: Haiku self-hosting.

  • From: Thom Holwerda <slakje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 18:46:02 +0200
On 1 apr 2008, at 17:54, Bruno Albuquerque wrote:

Sorry for the cross-posting, but as it is good news I thought I would share it with you guys. Today I committed r24720 and, with that, I was able to compile Haiku inside itself without the neewd for any hacks or reboots or anything like that (using VMWare with 1 Gb of memory available to the VM). I also run the generated image in VMWare and it booted (I didn't test it much tough).

I already congratulated everyone in #haiku and on OSNews, but I'd also like to do just that on the m-l. So, congratulations to everyone involved!

Oh and Bruno, I guess I didn't make OSN look like an idiot after all :P.

Thom