[cad-linux] Re: Drawing Viewer

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 20:12:52 -0500

On Sunday 30 December 2001 17:23, you wrote:
> Keith,
>
> Glad you finally managed to get the program to run.
me too :-)

> Could you do me a favor and explain how you did the symbolic link process
> so that I can post that to the site also.  I understand that they are kind
> of like windows short cuts (but not really).  I have never used them, but
> they seem to be the answer to this problem.

at startup it was complaining that it needed /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2.9  and i
obviously did not have it.  being the thick headed person i am, i kept
assuming that it was just not installed.  finally it clicked your
distribution is just calling it something else.  i checked and not only was
it there but in the same /usr/lib directory.  so i (as root) did:

ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++-2-libc6.1-1-2.9.0.so /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2.9

ln is the basic command
-s means a symbolic link(not hard)
/usr/lib/libstdc++-2-libc6.1-1-2.9.0.so is the path and file on my machine.
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2.9 is the path and file that your viewer was looking
for.

now when you do a "ls -al *.so.2.9" you get:
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2.9 -> /usr/lib/libstdc++-2-libc6.1-1-2.9.0.so
and sha ka kaboom it runs.

> I also noted in the last compiler output that you sent that you get a line
> that says g++ static works - static.  On my system this check replies "no",
> which is probably why I have never been able to make a static linked
> program. What are you using?

debian, i just changed over from mandrake.

> I'll get to your other questions shortly.

Cool.

--
Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS,
//www.freelists.org/list/cad-linux