[windows2000] Re: Difficulty adding a scheduled task

  • From: Mark Lee <marklee15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:52:30 +0100 (BST)

Angus,

generally the local system account cannot access files/shares etc. on a remote
system unless you have enabled this in the GPO of the servers involved.  Eitter
get the RUNAS util posted to the thin sometime (& schedule a script to RUNAS
the desired script with admin rights) ago OR enable trusted system account
behaviour in the GPO

HTH

Mark

Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I want to add a simple scheduled task to one of my Win2K boxes. All it does
is run a batch file that makes a network connection, copies some files and
deletes the connection. The batch file has worked for years on NT4. However,
when I create the task under 2K I get the following error message
"General Page Initialization failed: The device is not currently connected
but it is a remembered connection"

All I can find in Technet is that the Task Scheduler service must be run as
the Local System account, which it is already. If I view the task
properties, the "Run As" box is grayed out.

Any suggestions?
Regards
Angus
This weeks sponsor - RTOSoft TScale