[THIN] Re: Adobe Acrobat adm file

  • From: "Greg Yorke (V)" <GYorke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 10:52:26 -0700

This is a copy of the one I have here.

**********************************
ADOBE.ADM
**********************************
CLASS MACHINE
        CATEGORY "More Hacks"
                CATEGORY "Explorer Run at Startup"
                        POLICY "Disable 3DLabs Taskbar Display Manager"
                        KEYNAME
"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"
                        VALUENAME "3DLabs Taskbar Display Manager"
                        VALUEON DELETE
                        VALUEOFF "C:\WINNT\System32\3DLman.exe"
                        END POLICY
                END CATEGORY
                CATEGORY "Adobe Acrobat 5.0"
                        POLICY "Disable Update Dialog"
                        KEYNAME "SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe
Acrobat\5.0\AdobeViewer"
                        VALUENAME "ShowUpdateDialog"
                        VALUEON NUMERIC 0
                        VALUEOFF DELETE
                        END POLICY
                END CATEGORY
        END CATEGORY
CLASS USER
        CATEGORY "More Hacks"
                CATEGORY "Outlook 2000"
                KEYNAME "Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Security"
                        POLICY "Secure Temporary Folder"
                                PART "Secure temp folder location (with
trailing \):" EDITTEXT
                                VALUENAME "OutlookSecureTempFolder"
                                END PART
                        END POLICY
                END CATEGORY
                CATEGORY "Explorer"
                        POLICY "Don't modify case of filenames/paths"
                        KEYNAME
"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced"
                        VALUENAME "DontPrettyPath"
                        END POLICY
                        POLICY "Disable animated <- Click here to start"
                        KEYNAME
"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer"
                        VALUENAME "NoStartBanner"
                        END POLICY
                        CATEGORY "Shell Folders"
                                POLICY "My Pictures (NT4)"
                                KEYNAME
"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders"
                                        PART "My Pictures:" EDITTEXT
                                        VALUENAME "My Pictures"
                                        DEFAULT "%USERPROFILE%\Personal\My
Pictures"
                                        END PART
                                END POLICY
                                POLICY "My Pictures (WIN2K)"
                                KEYNAME
"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders"
                                        PART "My Pictures:" EDITTEXT
                                        EXPANDABLETEXT
                                        VALUENAME "My Pictures"
                                        DEFAULT "%USERPROFILE%\Personal\My
Pictures"
                                        END PART
                                END POLICY
                        END CATEGORY
                END CATEGORY
                CATEGORY "Display"
                        POLICY "Screen Saver"
                        KEYNAME "Control Panel\Desktop"
                                PART "Screen Saver:" EDITTEXT
                                VALUENAME "SCRNSAVE.EXE"
                                DEFAULT "C:\WINNT\black16.scr"
                                END PART
                                PART "Screen Saver Active?" CHECKBOX
                                VALUENAME "ScreenSaveActive"
                                DEFCHECKED
                                VALUEON "1"
                                VALUEOFF "0"
                                END PART
                                PART "Password Protected?" CHECKBOX
                                VALUENAME "ScreenSaverIsSecure"
                                VALUEON "1"
                                VALUEOFF "0"
                                END PART
                                PART "Timeout (seconds):" EDITTEXT
                                VALUENAME "ScreenSaveTimeOut"
                                DEFAULT "900"
                                END PART
                        END POLICY
                END CATEGORY
                CATEGORY "Mouse"
                        POLICY "Hide IntelliPoint tray icon"
                        KEYNAME "Control Panel\Microsoft Input
Devices\Mouse"
                        VALUENAME "TrayIcon"
                        VALUEON "FALSE"
                        VALUEOFF "TRUE"
                        END POLICY
                END CATEGORY
                CATEGORY "Adobe Acrobat 5.0"
                        POLICY "Disable splash screen"
                        KEYNAME "Software\Adobe\Adobe
Acrobat\5.0\AdobeViewer"
                        VALUENAME "DisplayAboutDialog"
                        VALUEON NUMERIC 0
                        VALUEOFF NUMERIC 1
                        END POLICY
                        POLICY "Disable registration reminder"
                        KEYNAME "Software\Adobe\Acrobat5\5.0\Registration"
                        VALUENAME "NOTENEV"
                        VALUEON "1"
                        VALUEOFF "0"
                        END POLICY
                        POLICY "Disable Auto Update"
                        KEYNAME "Software\ADOBE\Adobe
Acrobat\5.0\AdobeViewer"
                        VALUENAME "UpdateFrequency"
                        VALUEON NUMERIC 3
                        VALUEOFF DELETE
                        END POLICY
                END CATEGORY
                CATEGORY "Oracle Discover 3.1"
                        POLICY "Swap/Cache directory"
                        KEYNAME "Software\ORACLE\Discoverer 3.1\Application"
                                PART "Swap/Cache directory:" EDITTEXT
                                VALUENAME "SwapDir"
                                END PART
                        END POLICY
                        POLICY "Database name"
                        KEYNAME "Software\ORACLE\Discoverer 3.1\Database"
                                PART "Database name:" EDITTEXT
                                VALUENAME "Connect"
                                END PART
                        END POLICY
                END CATEGORY
        END CATEGORY

Just copy it into a new ADM file. It worked for me. If there is a better one
out there, it would be great to have.

Thanks,

Greg