[argyllcms] DIY colorimeter

  • From: Frédéric <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 01:02:19 +0200

Hello Graeme,

Don't know if you remember, I asked some months ago about support in Argyll
for the HCFR colorimeter, a french project designed to do video-projectors
calibration (http://www.homecinema-fr.com/colorimetre). One problem was
doing the hardware.

There where a common order (about 400 people), and I ordered two
colorimeters. I would like to send one (fully assembled) to you, as you
where interested in such DIY project. Source code of the original french
software (and driver for the hardware) is not yet public; developpers are
waiting for the 1.0 release, which sould come soon. About the driver, a
developper said to me that this is a simple serial-over-usb protocol, so
very simple to implement.

This colorimeter does not give absolute values; it has to be calibrated
too! I don't know exactly how they do that, but I think it could be done
using a real one, like DTP92/94. It could be interesting to find a way to
do that without other instrument...

Anyway, the aim of all this is to connect two projects pointing to the same
direction: Argyll (free software), and HCFR (free hardware). I'm sure both
projects could benefit from each other; sending to you a colorimeter is my
contribution for all you guys are doing for the community.

So, could you send me (in private) an address where I can post the
colorimeter? I should receive it at the end of september, so you will
receive it a few days laters.

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org