[zxspectrum] Fw: ResiDOS 1.97

  • From: "Alessandro Poppi" <apoppi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <zxspectrum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:58:58 +0100

Forwardo un messaggio recente, che contiene alcuni dettagli tecnici di come
funziona la cosa:

Garry Lancaster wrote:
Hi,

There are a couple of things I'd like to ask: the first time (on
1.96) I've installed the TaskMan package by loading from tape then
@40000 without any problem. I then discovered that installing
directly from MMC card gives a "ramtop no good" even with "clear
39999". I've had to type "clear 29999" in order to get it.

This is expected. If INSTALL has to load the file itself, it uses a
fixed location of 32768 so RAMTOP may be no higher than 32767. This is
to ensure there is definitely enough room for any package (which may
be 16K + package header - this includes syntax tables that could get
big).

If you specify an @address, INSTALL assumes you managed to load the
whole file and so doesn't complain unless RAMTOP is above the load
address.

The second thing is: I'm unable to load the TaskMan package under
1.97: it says "package not found". The zx81 package works perfectly,
including the snapshot load (fantastic)

Oops! Yes, I changed the RESI_FINDPKG call so it only succeeded for
the IDEDOS and ResiDOS packages (I thought it would be good not to
allow apps to find out other banks). But TaskMan uses this to find out
which bank it is installed in! I have changed this back now...

Attached is an updated version. Also, as a reward for finding the bug,
I attach the ZX80 emulator   This works just the same (except the
command is %ZX80 and snapshot files are .o, not .p). I've attached
Invaders.o - this is one of the only moving-graphics games written for
the ZX80!

Garry

Ciao!

Sponsor:
Corso base ASP Gratis - Video con trucchi e segreti per imparare a creare il
tuo Sito Web Dinamico con la tecnologia ASP
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5146&d=26-2