[ztebladeopensource] Re: Wifi sleep fix in Hungarian update?

  • From: Robert Morgan <robertmorgan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 22:21:10 +0000

Hi Tom thanks for this, I'm not building ROMS but I'll post it on the boards as
I'm sure someone will pick it up and try it.  This looks like it might help
with the reconnect being slow but there are 2 other issues, 1) sometimes it
won't reconnect at all (router specific from the sound of things) and more
importantly the wifi sleep policy is totally ignored, if it's set to Never
sleep, it still sleeps as soon as the screen goes off, I recognise that it's an
issue common to many android phones though.
Rob

Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 08:56:38 +1100
Subject: [ztebladeopensource] Re: Wifi sleep fix in Hungarian update?
From: tomgiordano83@xxxxxxxxx
To: ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rob,

I dont know much about the wifi bug other than that it is also experienced on
many other devices. Have you tried setting
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval. It looks like it isn't set in the modaco roms
and im not sure what it defaults to.
Tom.

On 30 December 2010 02:09, Morgan, Rob <Rob.Morgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Benny, it has been suggested that the fix that has been applied by tmobile
hungary to resolve the missing memory issue has also fixed the wifi sleep
policy issue (ie setting wifi sleep policy to Never actually works!).  Can you
confirm if  there is defiantly a fix for this included in the hungary update
and if this fix can be made available to other markets too?
Thanks
Rob